Shopping-uk.com is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – Shopping-uk.com
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
This might be your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your IP address, your shopping history (if there is any) etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. See the list of our partners here.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behaviour to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than 14 months.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
This website uses Google Analytics, a Web analysis service from Google Inc. (‘Google’). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer to help analyse how you use the website. The information generated by the cookie concerning your use of this website is usually transmitted to and stored by Google on a server in the United States. If you activate IP address anonymisation on this website, your IP address will be shortened beforehand within member states of the European Union and other states that are a party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. In exceptional cases only, the full IP address will be sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to analyse how you use the website in order to compile reports about the website activities and provide the website operator with further services linked to use of the website and the Internet. The IP address transmitted from your browser through the use of Google Analytics will not be linked to other data from Google. You can prevent the installation of cookies by activating the relevant setting in your browser software. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use all the functions of this website. You can also prevent Google from collecting and processing the data generated by the cookie relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plugin available via the following link http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
This website uses Google Analytics with the “_anonymizeIp()” extension. As a result, IP addresses are shortened for further processing in order to exclude the possibility of reference to direct persons.
We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. The statistics we acquire allow us to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield. . The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 Para. 1 (1) (f) GDPR).
If you’d like to opt out of tracking by Google Analytics, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page.
Google Ads Conversion Tracking
We use the Google Ads offer to draw attention to our offers with the help of advertising materials (Google Ads) on external websites. We can determine how successful the individual advertising measures are in relation to the data of the advertising campaigns. We want to show you advertisements that are of interest to you, to make our website more interesting for you and to achieve a fair calculation of advertising costs.
These advertising media are delivered by Google via “Ad Servers”. For this purpose, we use ad server cookies, through which certain parameters for measuring success, such as the insertion of ads or clicks by users, can be measured. If you access our website via a Google ad, Google Ads stores a cookie on your computer. These cookies usually expire after 30 days and are not intended to identify you personally. For this cookie, the unique cookie ID, number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), last impression (relevant for post-view conversions) and opt-out information (mark that the user no longer wishes to be addressed) are usually stored as analysis values.
These cookies enable Google to recognise your Internet browser. If a user visits certain pages of an Ads customer’s website and the cookie stored on their computer has not expired, Google and the customer can recognise that the user has clicked on the ad and has been redirected to this page. Each Ads customer is assigned a different cookie. Cookies cannot therefore be traced via the websites of Ads customers. We do not collect or process any personal data in the aforementioned advertising measures. We only receive statistical evaluations from Google. On the basis of these evaluations we can recognise which of the advertising measures used are particularly effective. We do not receive any further data regarding the use of advertising material; in particular, we cannot identify users based on this information.
Due to the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection to the Google server. We do not have any influence on the scope and further use of the data collected by Google through the use of this tool and therefore inform you according to our level of knowledge: By integrating Ads Conversion, Google receives information that you have accessed the corresponding part of our website or clicked on one of our ads. If you are registered with a Google service, Google may associate your visit with your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, it is possible that the provider may obtain and store your IP address.
You can prevent participation in this tracking process in various ways:
a) by setting your browser software accordingly, in particular by suppressing third-party cookies, you will not receive any ads from third-party providers;
b) by disabling cookies for conversion tracking, by setting your browser so that cookies are blocked by the domain “www.googleadservices.com”, https://www.google.com/settings/ads, whereby this setting is deleted when you delete your cookies;
c) by disabling interest-based ads from providers that are part of the “About Ads” self-regulation campaign via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, whereby this setting is deleted when you delete your cookies;
d) by permanent deactivation in your browsers Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome via the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. Please note that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this offer in full.
The legal basis for the processing of your data is Art. 6 Para. 1 (1) (f) GDPR. Further information regarding data protection at Google can be found here: https://policies.google.com/privacy. Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield.
As well as Ads Conversion we also use the Google Remarketing application. This is a process we would like to use to contact you again. This application allows you to see our advertisements after visiting our website when you continue to use the Internet. This is done by means of cookies stored in your browser, which are used to record and evaluate your usage behaviour when Google visits various websites. This way Google can determine your previous visit to our website. According to Google’s own statements, Google does not merge the data collected in the context of remarketing with your personal data, which may be stored by Google. According to Google, pseudonymisation is used for remarketing in particular.
DoubleClick by Google
Due to the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection to the Google server. We do not have any influence on the scope and further use of the data collected by Google through the use of this tool and therefore inform you according to our level of knowledge: By integrating DoubleClick, Google receives information that you have accessed the corresponding part of our website or clicked on one of our ads. If you are registered with a Google service, Google may associate your visit with your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, it is possible that the provider may obtain and store your IP address.
You can prevent participation in this tracking procedure in various ways:
- By setting your browser software accordingly, in particular the suppression of third party cookies means that you will not receive any ads from third party providers.
By disabling cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser to block cookies from the “www.googleadservices.com” domain, https://www.google.com/settings/ads, which will be deleted when you delete your cookies.
- By disabling the interest-based advertisements from providers that are part of the “About Ads” self-regulation campaign via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, whereby this setting is deleted if you delete your cookies.
- Through permanent deactivation in your browsers Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome via the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. Please note that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this offer in full.
The legal basis for the processing of your data is Art. 6 Para. 1 (1) (f) GDPR. For more information about DoubleClick by Google, please visit https://www.google.com/doubleclick and general information about data protection at Google: https://policies.google.com/privacy. Alternatively, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) website via http://www.networkadvertising.org. Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Data Protection Officer
Last modification was made 14 July, 2020.